Always read the label

Our products are designed to be safe for their intended use. However,  it is very important to carefully read the label before using a product, especially if it contains potentially hazardous ingredients.

This section provides some handy tips that can help you prevent misuse or accidents, as well as important information on what to do in case of emergency. Please bookmark this page for quick access.

1) Remain calm
2) Find the emergency information on the label and follow the first-aid instructions:

a. Ingestion: do not induce vomiting, call a doctor or Poison Control Centre immediately
b. Contact with eyes or skin: rinse thoroughly with clean water and contact a doctor if the irritation or pain persists. If you wear contact lenses, remove them immediately.
c. Allergic reaction: call a doctor or emergency services if there is swelling around the throat
3) In case of emergency seek medical advice. This can also be obtained from the NHS Direct Website:

1) Always read the label and follow the instructions for safe use
2) When handling corrosive products, wear protective clothing or equipment such as gloves or safety goggles
3) Ensure proper ventilation.  Work outside whenever possible.
4) Keep children away when using dangerous products; never leave the product next to the bucket or on the countertop.
5) Remember, a child-resistant closure does not guarantee that children will be unable to open the packaging; it just makes it more difficult for them.  Always store hazardous products out of reach of children, preferably under lock and key.
6) Never remove the labels; make sure the labels remain legible.
7) Never mix two or more products together: you might create dangerous chemical reactions.
8) Always keep the products in their original container. If you use refills, always use the same container (to avoid mixing different products) and make sure children are not present when refilling.
9) Close packaging (or rinse) before binning

Certain types of household products, such as drain cleaners or bleach, require special precaution and are therefore marked with special hazard symbols. If you find a hazard symbol on the label, never use a product until you have carefully read the warning statement and taken the recommended precautionary measures.

By law, all potentially hazardous products must carry safety information on the label. It is essential for consumers to read this information, so that they are aware of the risk and can take the necessary steps to ensure the safe use of the product. The label also tells you what to do in case of misuse or accident.

Always have the product with you when calling your doctor, the poison centre or the company in order to be able to read the label to the person on the line. This will enable them to give you precise advice. If you go to your doctor, take the product with you in its original packaging.

Note: The hazard symbol only applies to the product as it is in the pack.


Be prepared to give the following information to your doctor:
- Which product has been swallowed;
- How much of the product has been swallowed (bite, sip, cup, etc.)
- At what time the product was swallowed;
- The symptoms;
- First-aid measures performed;
- The age and/or weight of the patient.
- Known allergies

In case of emergency seek medical advice

The skin
When dangerous products come into contact with the skin, the skin needs to be rinsed thoroughly with clean, lukewarm water. For corrosive products, rinse for at least 10-15 minutes. You should visit your doctor when in doubt and/or if pain persists. For more information on dangerous products and the symbols you will find on their packaging, please consult the Read the label section.

The eyes
When a corrosive substance splashes into your eyes, you need to rinse the eyes thoroughly with clean, lukewarm water. If you wear contact lenses, remove them immediately following contact with the product; substances may accumulate in the tear-water behind the lenses, preventing the substance from being rinsed out. Do not forget to rinse under the eyelids as well. You should visit your doctor when in doubt and/or if pain persists.

In case of accidental inhalation, the first thing to do is breathe in fresh air. Please ensure that other people do not enter the room after you have left it before it has been properly ventilated. You should visit your doctor when in doubt and/or if pain persists.



thebestasthmaremedies thebestmusclerelaxers

Deutsch Français Nederlands
Deutsch Français